Wednesday, July 29

The love of a family is life's greatest blessing

So this is my family (minus mom who is taking the picture.) It was nice to have us all together. It doesn't happen very often since my sister and her husband live in Georgia and my parents live in Germany. This picture was taken on our way to the beach. Of course, we got away later than planned, with about 30 bags just for one day at the beach. (babies require alot of STUFF)
I wish I had taken a picture of all of the stuff we had to pack. We even had to drive two cars!!!

We had a lot of fun though. Haylee enjoyed the beach so much more than the first time we went. I had learned a few things since then, like: Put on sunscreen before you go (DUH!) and baby powder when lightly sprinkled will remove wet and dry sand! I also learned it's better to eat before you get the the beach because babies don't care if their sandwich actually includes sand!

This is my mom and dad (Nana and Papa). I miss them so much! Aren't they a cute couple?!?!


This is Nana and Papa and my sister's little boy Levi. He is SO cute, and he has grown up so fast! In only two more months we will be heading to Georgia to celebrate his first birthday!




This is Micah (my brother-in-law) and Levi again. This was after my sister put his sunscreen on...she decided to spike his hair and it stayed that way!! hehe




Haylee and Levi got a long great the whole weekend, except for when Levi wanted to play with Haylee's toys. We are still working on sharing...you can tell by their faces that, that's what is going on in this picture.





Daddy doesn't too much like the beach, in fact this is probably the only picture I got of him engaging in beach activities. :)

The rest of us however...LOVE the beach. We get it from mom. I could live at the beach if it were affordable. Haylee didn't want to leave, so I guess she too will be a beach goer.

Well this picture says it all. That's the biggest smile of the day!! :)


And I just had to throw this picture in. Isn't he the most handsome little kid you've ever seen!?!? ..and look at those big blue eyes!!


Well I miss the days of childhood. Where your family didn't have to visit, they were just their all of the time. Although sometimes we got on eachother's nerves, I still miss it. Now it has to be a Holiday or special time to be able to see them. I can't just pick up the phone or drive over to see them. It makes you appreciate it more when they are far away though I guess. Hopefully Nana and Papa will be moving back here to NC in a year or so. Although they will still be an hour or so away...that's much much better than a thousand miles!!
I hope everyone takes time to appreciate their family. It's what made us who we are. I know I appreciate mine now more than ever!




1 comments:

Alisha Harris said...

CUTE pictures!! I busted out laughing with the picture of Haylee not sharing her toys! So funny!! And your sisters little boy is soo cute!!