Wednesday, July 29

"Let the little children come unto me.."

We finally got Haylee dedicated last Sunday. It was such a special day!

I sung a song to her. "In my daughters eyes" by Martina McBride. I practiced and practiced it so I wouldn't get upset...but about half way through the song (at my favorite part of course) I broke down and cried. I still managed to sniffle through the rest of the song. Most everyone said that it made the song that much better and that there was not a dry eye in the room. I was so proud of myself and glad that I decided to go through with it. It was so special and I will remember it forever.

Right after I got a little emotional, Solon decided to bring Haylee up for the rest of the song. It helped me get through it. He is so thoughtful!


Like I had feared...Haylee was not on her best behavior during the actual dedication. It was during her nap time and she just threw an absolute fit. The pastor's wife even handed her a present (which we did not realize was breakable at the time) and Haylee decided to throw it on the floor immediately after. She was restless and moody and I was just embarssed. And then Pastor Paul said to her, "Haylee, you must come to me now." It's as if God had spoken to her himself (not really, but you know what I mean) she went right to him and didn't make a peep. I was so proud of her at that moment, and Pastor Paul was proud of himself, he usually has a different effect on her. But she must of had an idea of what was going on and decided that it might be important enough to stay still.


We then prayed over her, and I can only imagine what she may have been thinking while watching us pray for her. I hope one day we can look back at this day and explain to her that we were giving her to Jesus and she was in his hands.


This picture was taken at lunch after church.
You can just see in her eyes how mischievous she is.


Our church does such a great job on dedications. They give you not only a precious little present but they also give you a certificate framed for you to keep. It took us several times to take this picture...and this is the best one. As you can see, Nana bought her a little pocketbook. I thought that was about the cutest thing ever!

This is Haylee opening her present...

and this is what it was. See I told you it was breakable. I haven't yet decided where I am going to put it, but I thought it was such a perfect gift for the occasion.



Psalm 139:13-16 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.


2 comments:

Alisha Harris said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures I dont know why everytime I see them I get teary eyed but I just know its so specail and I can't wait to dedicate Ryder!! Although I wish we could do stuff elaborate like that at my church, but I'm glad you sang the song and I want to see the video soon!! hope you can figure out how to put it on!!

Sadler Family said...

What a wonderful story! You are doing such a great job!!!