Friday, July 31

Show us your Life ~ Beach wedding

So this is my first time particitpating in Kelly's Show us where you live, now Show us your Life. I never really posted any wedding pictures on my blog, so this is my oppertunity to tell a little bit about my special day!
We had it on the beach, at Topsail Island. I so love the beach, and always dreamed of a beach wedding, so although it was a very difficult process, me and mom pulled it off and in only 4 months!! Can you believe it.


June 7th, 2008
This is the view from the beach...I love this picture because it captures everything. And as you can see my Dad did the ceremony...he is a Pastor/Chaplain. A Chaplain is basically a Pastor but in the Military. I am so glad he did that, I couldn't of imagined anyone else marrying us but him.
My beautiful flowers!! Of course most Bridal flowers are white roses or some sort of white flower, but they added some tropical folage to make it look beachy! I absolutley loved it!! They were so pretty!

These are the guys. From the left is Scotty (my cousins Husband), Colby (Solon's best friend), That's my handsome hubby in the middle, and then Isiaiah (Solon's Step Dad) to the right of Solon and Solon's other friend Peter at the end.
Doesn't the rolled up Khaki's just add to the look. (Their pant legs WERE NOT rolled up during the ceremony)




My Girls :) Starting on the left is my best friend Kristen from Kindergarten (wow huh!), then Solon's little sister Christina...yes she just graduated highschool haha she's so little. Then there's me, the bride!! My cousin Rebecca to my right and my then pregnant sister Victoria. Bless her for wearing that dress for me and coming out in 100 degree weather! She's the best!


I don't have a close up of the girls flowers. But they were yellow gerber daises. I love gerber daises and I had always wanted yellow bridesmaids dresses since I was little, but when I realized how non-flattering yellow is, I had to choose a different color, but I had to have yellow somewhere, so why not flowers?? I think they went great with the teal...all beachy colors!




This is my favorite picture. And I included it because it does include my flowers in the background. hehe. I just love what this picture represents. Two becoming one...and two very different people from differen't backgrounds, uniting as one. Tear...it's make me sad thinking it's already been a year, and not to say that it was the easiest...it was probably the hardest year of my life. But it's so worth it! I love family and would not trade them for the world.





And the Lord God said, It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him...And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; and the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother and shall cleave unto his wife.


Genesis 2:18-24

3 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

What a fun wedding! Your colors were beautiful & I loved your roses.

Reid said...

I LOVE the blue !!! Mine was boring compared to yours! And your little girl is precious

Shermanators said...

I love beach weddings! Yours was beautiful! Ours was overlooking the beach in San Diego...not on the beach though. Love love yours!

Kelli :)