Tuesday, August 4

Encouragement

"This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24




This is actually the scripture from my devotion from yesterday. I didn't get a chance to read it because I had some issues at work and wasn't feeling well and actually took a half sick day. My day yesterday just seemed awful, especially as it was all happening. I dont' have to go into it all but I'm sure everyone has just had a day that things just kept happening to them...you know the expression..."when it rains it pours"?!?! Well that's what my day was like...it was a monsoon!!
I wish I had read my devotion now. I was focused on all of the negative things happening and didn't focus on the one who could give me healing, peace and joy!

I should of read my devotion yesterday. And now looking back on it, my day wasn't THAT bad.


In the devotion it said...
"Suffering eventually touches us all. And in times of difficulty, thankfulness is usually not our first response. But I think God looks at us with pleasure when we find reasons to be thankful. As we realistically look for the good despite our bad circumstances, we can be grateful that God is holding us close. It is when we trust in His goodness that we find gladness."


It also ended with this quote:


Under His wings, what a refuge in sorrow!
How the heart yearnigly turns to His rest!
Often when earth has no balm for my healing,
There I find comfort, and there I am blessed. -Cushing



So I'm not sure this is exactly what the blog hop was supposed to be about. But I wanted to share this either way. And when I saw the blog hop was about encouragement, it just seemed appropriate.

Moral of the story...
READ YOUR DEVOTION, BIBLE DAILY...WHATEVER. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT HE HAS IN STORE FOR YOU THAT DAY. JUST STAY IN TOUCH WITH GOD AND HE WILL BE NEAR YOU!



...STOP
MckLinky Blog Hop

Click here to enter your link in the blog hop and view the entire list of entered links...

2 comments:

~Sandy said...

Good post. I hope you are feeling better.

Alisha Harris said...

Good devotional! soo true!!