Friday, November 20

Kelly's "Show us your life - pets"

Our dog Madison...
Solon bought her for me when we were dating. I grew up having a cockerspaniel and knew that I eventually wanted one of my own. Well he suprised me when he took me to this "puppy farm."
It was a house in the country with tons of cocker spaniel puppies. There were so many to choose from, but there was one in particular that kept trying to jump in my arms and followed me around. (I tell Solon that she chose me :) Anyway there was one brown and white one that was freckled that I loved...she was so pretty. I really wanted that one and had pratically made up my mind. Well when we told the owner which one we wanted...they said that she was not for sale and that we would have to pick another one. So here comes Madison jumping all over basically begging me to take her home. Well 2 years later...here we are.
I am very sad to say that this is the only picture I could find stored on my computer of Madison. She doesn't get nearly as much attention as she did before Haylee came. But I am so thankful that she is still just as loving and sweet as she has always been. She is REALLY great with Haylee. They play together all of the time and she is very protective over Haylee. I think she really does see her as a sister. I need to try to set aside time to pay more attention to her. Sometimes she looks at me and I can just tell she is sad...(of course cockers have a sad face sometimes anyway, it's just how they are.) But I know she wishes it could be like it used to.

I'm glad I was able to write a post just about her because she so deserves it!!



1 comments:

The Keslings said...

I think we have some pictures of Madison, and Madison and Ginger together.