Thursday, November 12

WOF

This was my first year at Women of Faith and it was an amazing experience! This years' theme was "A Grand New Day." Each speaker had amazing testimonys and I felt like each one had something they spoke directly to me about. I know as for our group of ladies, each one felt the same way and we went through a lot of tissues!

We left Friday morning and acutally missed the first session because we were shopping...shhh don't tell!! haha
But we had a lot of good bonding time shopping. I probably spent way too much money...but face it when you put a bunch of women together to go shopping...there is no one saying "Oh you could use that money for something else" or "Don't get it it's too much money"...that's the husbands job...it was more like "Oh you should get that it's a GREAT deal!" or "It probably won't be at a store in Greenville so you mine as well get it!" So basically I bought pretty much what I saw.

After shopping we checked into our hotel to get settled before our night session. We stayed at the Sheraton and it was a wonderful hotel. Very beautiful!! I roomed with a great bunch of ladies, I feel like God placed me with these ladies for a reason.


This is my friend Kristin (we are actually pretty close). She has little boy who is a few months younger than Haylee. We call him Haylee's boyfriend!! hehe Daddy doesn't like that so much...but they do make a cute couple. (If you remember they were Mickey and Minnie for Halloween) In the back is our youth pastor's wife Sheila! Brandy made our fourth roomate but she didn't make it in the picture for some reason.

So this was the main stage. We had pretty good seats, they were high up but we had a good view of the big tv screens. Just seeing the whole place filled with women was awesome to me!! and everyone there for one reason...Jesus! it was just amazing!

Me and Krisin again!

Mandisa!! She was the best part of the show to me. She was amazing! I don't know if anyone saw her on American Idol but she just had such a good story. And her voice is definitely a gift from Heaven...I was moved just from hearing it. I can't wait to get her cd! Our church choir actually went that Sunday and saw her in concert at a church. We didn't get back in time to go but I would of loved to hear her again. She has this song that touches my heart...it's called
"He is with you." Listen to it...it's a powerful song!

We also heard from Stephen Curtis Chapman. And if you have not heard his story then you need to! I knew about him and his family before the conference. My Dad has been a fan of his since I was little and I heard his story not too long ago on AFR as I was driving to pick up Haylee. I cried my eye balls out...I had to explain to the babysitter why I was crying. Luckily she was familiar and I didn't look like a crazy woman!

Here's the link to their story...I also took a video at the conference of him singing Cinderella that I am going to attempt to attach at the bottom.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20201819,00.html

He also has a new CD that was just released...it's called "Beauty Will Rise." He sang a few songs from the CD and I also bought it...I highly suggest getting it!!

I got a few pictures of some of the speakers but they were too dark. We heard from Lisa Whelchel , Sheila Walsh, Patsy Clairmont, Marilyn Meberg, and Luci Swindoll.
All amazing women!! I won't give too much away...you will just have to go to one to hear their stories...make sure you bring lots of tissues.

www.womenoffaith.com
You can go here and order books, cd's, dvds and all of the items they have at the conferences. You can also see where the next conferences are and buy tickets for next year!!

And here are our group of girls. We had a total of 17 that went but we were split up into two different sections. From the bottom left: Me, Kristin, Brandy and Sheila (my roomates)
From the Top Left: Beth, Christa, and Joy.

I enjoyed getting to know each one of these ladies and spending this experience with them. We are planning on going again next year and I can't wait!!







0 comments: