Saturday, January 30

Let it snow!!



I love snow, it's so refreshing and just beautiful! We rarely get it here in eastern NC. They have called for it several times this winter all ready and FINALLY their predictions were right! It started falling around 11pm last night, I'm guessing it fell through the night because we got about an inch and a half. This morning however it turned into sleet, which is just yucky.







As soon as Haylee looked outside she said "Dats snow out der." haha I have no idea how she knew it was snow, she just knew. I decided I HAD to take her out in it, because last year it snowed and we were both stuck inside sick. So she had to experience her "first" snow, even though it was icey and watery snow by now. So I cooked us a nice breakfast and then we suited up to go out...

(Please disregard the dark circles under my eyes...I was so tired last night I didn't take off my eye make up, I didn't know it was that bad until I took the picture :)

Haylee wanted to build a snowman...and YES she did help build our mini-snowman.

She's trying to teach Daddy how to build one...

And there it is on the bottom left, if you can see it.




Oh and did I mention that Madison loved the snow just as much as Haylee. I haven't seen her that happy in a while. :)



We tried to get a good one of all three of us but we only got Mommy and Daddy. We were getting wet because of the sleet that was coming down so I gave up on a family picture and we went inside.


Haylee didn't really want to.




On another note...we had our Fresh Grounded Faith conference last night. It was canceled this morning so I was a little upset about that. But it was AWESOME last night and I'm excited that I got to be a part of it. And the picture above is of the "surprise" guest. Can you guess who???

It was Abby from The Biggest Loser. I was soooooo excited because me and Solon watched the entire season because of her. I thought she was the biggest inspiratio (and I didn't mean that literally).. If you didn't watch it, she lost her entire family in a car accident (a 2 week old, 5 yr old, and husband.) I just cried and cried when she first told her story on the show. And last night when she spoke she was just so full of joy. Only God can give that kind of peace. She has such an amazing story!!

Thank you Jesus for my family!

2 comments:

Sadler Family said...

I love all the snow pictures. She is growing up so fast!

Alisha Harris said...

aww the snowman is soo cute! i wish it would have snowed here some..but it will be more fun next year when ryder can play in it!