Monday, October 12

South Cackalacky

So last minute we decided to go to Columbia for the weekend. I had Monday off for Columbus day so we thought it would be fun to visit Aunt Tina and Grandpa BoBo. We left about 5:30 Friday afternoon. We have figured out that it's easier to drive with Haylee at night then during the day. You can see how happy she is here. We grabbed sonic for dinner and headed out.


I told Haylee to show me her shoes and this is the pose she made. :) my little cheerleader.

We did this for about an hour. She loves to play peekaboo with her blanket. She thinks it's the funniest thing ever. I have a video I'm going to try to post at the end.


Saturday we went to lunch with one of my good friends Alisha and her son Ryder. This was my first time meeting Ryder, he is such a handsome little man. I'm so glad I got to see them. He slept most of the time so maybe next time I will get to hold him.

This is me and Alisha and the babies. We went to lunch at Hot Dog Heaven...it's a restaurant that we both used to work at in Highschool. All of the employees there were different but the food was the same and it was soooo yummy! After lunch we went to Once upon a Child. I found some really cute outfits for Haylee and picked up a few bows and Alisha also found some cute outfits for Ryder. It's a small store, ours in Greenville is much bigger but I found that they had more stuff then ours does. I think we tired them out from shopping because by time we got back home they were both knocked out so they weren't awake for the picture. hehe.

Haylee loves her Grandpa BoBo. And don't ask why she calls him BoBo, that's just what he wanted. All of their family calls him BoBo...it's just a thing they do, everyone has a nickname.


Saturday night Grandpa BoBo and Daddy grilled out for us. We had chicken, hot dogs, turkey burgers, mac and cheese, baked beans and corn on the cob. YUM! I wish I had some leftovers now. Solon's cousin Lena came over and brought Will. Haylee loves her some cousin Will. They played hard all night...coloring, building blocks, chasing eachother around...Haylee kept giving him hugs, I thought it was so sweet.


The kids created a game for everyone to play with the blocks. It was a competition to see who could build the tallest tower, before Haylee came and knocked it all down. For some reason that night she thought it extremely funny to knock everyones towers down...so we just made it into a game. We played it for what seemed like hours. Everyone got involved...it was a lot of fun!!

And then came time to say goodbye. Aunt Tina is going to USC upstate and had to go back on Sunday. I couldn't resist taking a picture of this, Haylee practically climbed in the car herself.



Well we really enjoyed our weekend in Columbia...so much that Solon is talking about moving back. Maybe someday, I really do love it there and it is a beautiful city. So who knows what God has in store for us!

2 comments:

Sadler Family said...

I'm sorry we didn't get to see you this time...come back soon!

Alisha Harris said...

YAY! we had soo much fun! ...haylee has a good "heel stretch"!! VERY impressive!!