Tuesday, January 5

Pink Eye

Yes this is my Haylee boo...still pretty as can be with Viral Pink Eye!!

It all started Saturday night when her left eye started to have like a creamy discharge. I thought maybe something had gotten in her eye or it could of had something to do with this 30 degree weather we are having. But she woke up Sunday morning and her left eye had gotten worse. I was supposed to have nursery duty at church and decided that because there was a chance it could be something contagious, we would just stay home. Well it's a good thing we did because it only got worse through out the day.

I called our doctor...who by the way is AWESOME and has the clinic phone forwarded to his house phone on the weekends. He said that it could be an allergen but that if it got worse and she started to run a fever then we could take her to the after hours clinic. Well around 4 or so she had gotten alot worse and it had spread to her other eye. I just couldn't bare for her to suffer all night so we took her in.

The doctor there said that it had been going around and she more than likely had a viral case of Conjunctivitis...which is pink eye. The problem is that with a viral case there's nothing they can give them except for some drops to clean it out, but nothing that will make it better any faster.

So I stayed home from work yesterday and today and the picture above was taken Sunday night at the after hours clinic and although she wouldn't sit still long enough today for me to get a good picture of her...you can trust me that she looks MUCH MUCH better, and tomorow she will go back to day care and I will go back to work.

I will admit that I got a little taste of what being a stay at home mom is like and I have really enjoyed it. I love my job, but some days I do wonder what it would be like to be with Haylee all day everyday. I think I can see doing some part time work in the future.

Oh and I haven't had time to get my Christmas pictures uploaded but I will get those on here as soon as possible!!
Sorry about the long wordy posts....

1 comments:

eye diseases said...

Pinkeye occurs due to viral or bacterial infection. Allergic pinkeye develops due to pollens, animal shedding and certain cosmetic products. Viral pinkeye is very much transmittable. Allergic or chemical pink eye is non-contagious. There are many symptoms of pinkeye like reddishness on eyes, inflamed eyelids, excessive tear production, burning sensation, stuck eyelids, irritation etc.